BUCKHANNON — The West Virginia Strawberry Festival is holding an essay contest for seventh and eighth graders. The Essay Contest is sponsored by Loudin Insurance.
Seventh and eighth grade students at Buckhannon-Upshur Middle School are invited to compete in an essay contest answering the question, “How has the West Virginia Strawberry Festival been an exciting tradition for you and your family?” The rules and prizes are listed below.
Rules for the West Virginia Strawberry Festival Essay Contest include:
• It is open to seventh and eighth grade students current enrolled in Buckhannon-Upshur Middle School.
• Entries must be typed and one to two pages in length.
• The author’s name, team, and ELA teacher’s name must be on the essay.
• Essays are required to be submitted to student’s ELA teacher by Wednesday, April 13, 2022.
• Essays will be judged by a committee selected by the West Virginia Strawberry Festival Association. There will be one winner from each grade.
Prizes for the West Virginia Strawberry Festival Essay Contest are as follows:
• Winning essays will be printed in the West Virginia Strawberry Festival section of The Record Delta the week of the festival.
• Each winner will receive a $50 prize that will be sponsored by Loudin Insurance.
• Winners will have the honor of reading their essays at the festivals opening ceremony on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, at noon.
• Winners will also ride in the Junior Royalty parade on Thursday, May 19, 2022.
For more information on the West Virginia Strawberry Festival, follow their page on Facebook or log on to wvstrawberryfestival.com. Also follow updates on The Record Delta’s Facebook page or pick up a copy of the paper from your favorite store. As always, you are also welcomed to stop by The Record Delta office to pick up editions of your local newspaper!