On Sat., Feb. 9, students in grades 3-12 from Upshur County Schools participated in the inaugural Upshur County Social Studies Fair.
Students competed in a variety of categories ranging from Psychology to State and Local Studies.
Judges evaluated student abstracts, which is an in-depth outline with an official bibliography, project presentations, and oral presentations performed by each student.
Students who won first place and achieved a required score of 90+ points on the score sheet qualify to compete in the Regional Social Studies Fair at Glenville State College on March 22.
Congratulations to all participants on creating such exciting and informational projects.
Winners from this first Upshur County Schools Social Studies Fair were:
- Sawyer Philips (State/Local Studies)
- Leah Bryant (US History)
- Anya Morehead (World History)
- Lila Wright (Psychology)
- Emily Andrew and Mallory Moss (Group Geography)
Middle School Level
- Xavier Fultz (World History)
- Ella McNeish and Alexis Wuchner (Group US History)
- Mya Critchfield and Isabella Renzelli (Group World
High School Level
- Kristin Young and Jenna Ramirez (Group Sociology)