BUCKHANNON — The Parish House Annual Backpacks and School Supply distribution is quickly approaching! They will pack/fill the backpacks during the first week of August. They will distribute the second week of August - the distribution schedule is:
• Monday, August 8 at Parish House from 2 to 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 9 and Wednesday, August 10 at Parish House from 2 to 5 p.m.
• Thursday, August 11 in Rock Cave (tentatively) from 4 to 7 p.m., location TBD
The organization is preparing 900 backpacks this year - lots of supplies are needed by the end of July (see full list below). Please help us spread the word - donations of supplies or funds are greatly appreciated.
Backpack and School Supply Giveaway – General Needs List
• Backpacks for Elementary – 15 inch or larger (especially those with characters on them)
• Larger backpacks for Middle School and High School – 17 inch or larger
• Packs of markers
• Safety scissors for elementary students
• Packs of 24 count Crayola crayons
• Packs of wide-ruled loose leaf filler paper
• Packs of college-ruled loose leaf filler paper
• Pink eraser blocks (rectangles, not small pencil top erasers)
• Glue sticks
• Single subject notebooks
• Pocket folders
• Pencil sharpeners
• Blank index cards (note cards)
• Hand sanitizer
• Hair brush and comb