Sunday night fire damages home


BUCKHANNON – A fire that broke out at a Pinnell Street residence in Buckhannon has been deemed not to be suspicious by Buckhannon Fire Department officials.

According to reports, the fire originated in a first-floor bathroom at 9 Pinnell St. and is believed to be electrical in nature,

Firefighters from the Buckhannon Fire Department responded at 7:49 p.m. with Adrian Volunteer Fire Department, Warren District Volunteer Fire Department and Washington District Volunteer Fire Company.

According to reports, there was no one was at home at the time of the fire, but neighbors called 911.

Witnesses said there were flames showing when firefighters first arrived on scene.

According to reports, firefighters were on scene about an hour and 15 minutes making sure the fire was extinguished. Additionally, had fire fighters not been on the scene so quickly the fire could have escalated quickly and done much more damage to the home.

Advertisement

More In Homepage