WHEELING – West Virginia Wesleyan’s lone runner in the 2021 Mountain East Conference men’s cross-country championships held Saturday at Oglebay Park was Cade Robinson, who finished 29th with a time of 29:46.43.
Emeric Arnaud of Davis & Elkins won the individual title with a time of 25:51.87 while David Chechi was second of Charleston was runner-up with a time of 26:08.04.
Rounding out the top five were Isaac Prather of Concord in third (26:32.97); Kyle Hinson of Charleston in fourth (26:40.07) and Philip White of West Liberty in fifth (26:41.28).
Charleston won the men’s title with 34 points while Davis & Elkins was second with 48 and Concord was third with 57.
Arnaud was named the MEC Runner of the Year, Matthew Forrester of Charleston was named the Freshman of the Year and Nick Bias of Charleston was named the Coach of the Year.
1. Charleston 34; 2. Davis & Elkins 48; 3. Concord 57; 4. West Liberty 113; 5. Frostburg State 134; 6. Glenville State 166; 7. Fairmont State 172. Alderson Broaddus and West Virginia Wesleyan did not field complete teams.
INDIVIDUAL TOP 5
1. Emeric Arnaud (Davis & Elkins) – 25:51.87.
2. David Cechi (Charleston) – 26:08.04.
3. Isaac Prather (Concord) – 26:32.97.
4. Kyle Hinson (Charleston) – 26:40.07.
5. Phillip White (West Liberty) – 26:41.28.
Cade Robinson (29th) – 29:46.43.