BUCKHANNON — COVID-19 cases are increasing nationwide and this brings increased risk of infection this holiday season. The Upshur-Buckhannon Health Department strongly advises Upshur County residents to strictly follow COVID-19 safety guidelines and practices:
- Wear face coverings indoors.
- Physical distance as much as possible, stay 6 feet apart.
- Have gatherings outside with family and friends who live in your community.
- Limit the number of guests.
- Have conversations with guests ahead of time to set expectations for celebrating together.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items between use.
Travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others.
If you do travel:
- Check travel restrictions before you go.
- Get your flu shot before you travel.
- Always wear a mask in public settings and on public transportation.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from anyone who is not in your household.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your mask, eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Bring extra supplies, such as masks and hand sanitizer.
The Upshur-Buckhannon Health Department advises residents to avoid any situation, social event, gathering, etc., that is COVID unsafe or does not follow COVID guidelines and safety practices.
For more information on COVID-19 and how to protect you and your family this holiday season, please visit www.cdc.gov.