TENNERTON — The Lisa Cain Edward Jones team jumped to the top of the first third-quarter Bob Cupp Memorial Golf League standings after putting together a huge scoring week against High Point Construction. After finishing the second-quarter of competition back in eighth-place with 79 points, the Lisa Cain Edward Jones came out blazing hot last Wednesday, June 22; beating the High Point Construction team by a final score of 20 to 15 1/2. The 20 accumulated team points earned Lisa Cain Edward Jones this week’s highest-scoring team honors, placing them atop the standings after week #11.
After a seventh-place finish in the second-quarter standings, the Highland Landscaping team staked an early claim to second-place in the third-quarter standings by beating the Sam’s Pizza team by a final score of 19 to 15 1/2.
The last-place team for the second-quarter of the Bob Cupp Memorial Golf League competition, First Community Bank started the third-quarter with a much more promising start, edging out the Hank Ellis Insurance team by a final score of 17 1/2 to 16. With the win, the First Community bank team firmly sits in third-place in the first third-quarter standings.
The Baker Tilly team upset the second-quarter runner-up team, UniFirst Corporation by a score of 17 to 15, to assume control of fourth-place in the standings after the first week of the third-quarter of play.
The Feola’s Flowers team continued their strong play of late, upsetting the second-quarter champions, Custom Cabinets, by just a 1/2 point in a thrilling match-up, by a final score of 16 1/2 to 16. With the win the Feola’s Flowers team rounds out the top-five teams so far after one week of the third-quarter of competition.
The standings, top individual performances and this week’s schedule:
1. Lisa Cain Edward Jones - 20 points
2. Highland Landscaping - 19 points
3. First Community Bank - 17 1/2 points
4. Baker Tilly - 17 points
5. Feola’s Flowers - 16 1/2 points
6. Custom Cabinets - 16 points
7. Hank Ellis Insurance - 16 points
8. High Point Construction - 15 1/2 points
9. Sam’s Pizza - 15 1/2 points
10. UniFirst Corporation - 15 points
Low Actual – Par 36
• Steve Jeran, Hank Ellis Insurance 37
• Mike Feola, First Community Bank 39
• Jimmy Dean, Highland Landscaping 39
• Paul Dibiccari, Hank Ellis Insurance 39
• John Moss, Custom Cabinets 40
Low Net – Par 36
• Mike Feola, First Community Bank 29
• Paul Dibiccari, Hank Ellis Insurance 31
• Robert Poling, Feola’s Flowers 32
Week #12 Schedule:
#4 Baker Tilly vs. #3 First Community Bank
#9 Sam’s Pizza vs #10 UniFirst Corporation
#7 Hank Ellis Insurance vs #5 Feola’s Flowers
#8 High Point Construction vs #2 Highland Landscaping #6 Custom Cabinets vs. #1 Lisa Cain Edward Jones