PINEHURST, N.C.—The West Virginia Wesleyan women’s golf team traveled to North Carolina this weekend to open the spring season in the Browngolf Intercollegiate Invitational at the Country Club of Whispering Pines.
West Virginia Wesleyan finished the two-day tournament this past weekend eight out of 10 teams, but California (Pa.) and Long Island University did not finish the tournament as a team.
The Lady Bobcats fired a two-day total of 760
They ended day one in sixth place with a 364 but dropped to eighth after ballooning up to a 396 on day two.
West Chester (Pa.) won the team title shooting a 654 (331-323) while Westminster College was second with a 672 (326-346).
Sara Suzao from California (Pa.) won the individual title with a 155 while Megan O’Mara of West Chester was runner up with a 159 and Bridget Pyott from West Chester was third with a 161.
Wesleyan’s top golfers were Beverly Toothman who finished 28th with a 182 and Carleigh Bolyard placing 29th with a 184.
Rounding out the Lady Bobcat line-up was Rebecca Davis in 31st (187), Emma Bryan in 46th (207) and Gabby Sayger in 51st (154).
The Lady Bobcats will be back in action Monday and Tuesday when they compete in the Fairmont State University Invitational at the Green Hills CC.
1. West Chester 654; 2. Westminster 672; 3. Charleston (WV) 681; 4. Mercyhurst 704; 5. Ohio Wesleyan 722; 6. Millersville 375; 7. Sandhills CC 752; 8. West Virginia Wesleyan 760. DNF – California (Pa.) and LIU.
INDIVIDUAL TOP 5
1. Sara Suazo (California) – 156
2. Megan O’Mara (West Chester) – 159
3. Bridget Pyott (West Chester) – 161
4. Kanna Crosland (Westminster) – 163
5. Sarah Feizal (Charleston) – 163
LADY BOBCAT GOLFERS
Beverly Toothman (28th) – 182
Carleigh Bolyard (29th) – 184
Rebecca Davis (31st) – 187
Emma Bryan (46th) – 207
Gabby Sayger (51st) – 154