BUCKHANNON — An incumbent county commissioner has filed to run for his seat in the May 8 primary.
Among the new filings Friday, Troy A. Brady III, a Republican, entered his name into the commission race. Kristie Gale Tenney, a Republican, also filed for county commissioner.
In Friday’s other new filings:
* Democrat Yvette Ann Squires has filed for Upshur County Clerk.
* Kristi Wilkerson, who was appointed Tuesday night to fill an unexpired term through June on the Upshur County Board of Education, filed to enter the non-partisan school board race. She lives in District 1.
* Matthew Kerner, a Democrat, has filed for the House of Delegates 45th District.
* Laura M. Finch, a Democrat, of
* The city council race saw one new filing on Friday: Brent Hyre of 8 Franklin Place, Buckhannon.
* Travis Michael Lane and Edwina Howard-Jack have filed for the Upshur County Democratic Executive Committee and Howard-Jack also filed for the Congressional District Executive Committee and Senatorial Executive Committee for the Democrats.
* Mark Hays, Thom Keely, Matthew Kerner, Andrea Hays and Brandi Miller, all of Buckhannon, and Robert Bowers, of Elkins, have filed for the 11th District State Democratic Executive Committee.
* Garrett Cole, of Canvas, and Phillips Bruce Kolsun, of Elkins, filed for the 11th District Republican Executive Committee.
Election filings had to be postmarked by midnight Saturday.