BUCKHANNON — The Buckhannon-Upshur Chamber of Commerce is looking for 15-20 volunteers each week to assist with upcoming Vaccine Clinics at The Event Center at Brushy Fork.
Clinical jobs will be staffed by either St. Joseph’s, Community Care, or the Health Department.
They are currently filling positions for Wednesday, Feb. 24 from 1-4 p.m. and Friday’s starting Feb. 26 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. for the next 3 months. Volunteer workers are asked to arrive 60 mins prior to the start time.
They also understand that some may only be able to assist for a half day, and that is fine as well.
- Parking Lot (must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time outside, assisting folks in the door, locating open parking spaces, etc.)
- Paperwork (inside, seated, handing out next appointment timecards, handing patients a clipboard with paperwork)
- Pre-Vaccine paperwork (assisting individuals in filling out paperwork, reading it to them if they cannot see, etc.)
- Timekeeper (setting digital alarm clocks for 15 minutes after patient receives vaccine)
- Hall Monitor (assisting individuals with doors making sure entrance and exit are easily accessible)
- Sanitarian (wipes down clipboards and chairs after each use)
- Runner (walks paperwork and supplies from station to station as needed)