BUCKHANNON – In this edition of 15 Questions With…we interview senior Kennedy Samargo. Samargo, who is gearing up for the upcoming basketball season, has also played soccer, softball and ran track at Buckhannon-Upshur. We find out what she enjoys about being a Buccaneer and life in general.
1. What has been your favorite athletic moment at Buckhannon-Upshur that you participated in?
When I scored the game winning goal with a free kick from the 45 yard line on our football field my junior year against Preston in our sectional soccer game
2. Describe your toughest practice at Buckhannon-Upshur.
In basketball, if we lost to a team we should’ve beat or lost because of simple mistakes, the next practice is usually filled with a lot of sweet 16’s and defensive slides, which are absolutely terrible.
3. Do you have a favorite saying from one of your head coaches?
My favorite saying is from Bob Greenough and he would always tell us to save our tears for our pillow, which oddly sounds like Abby Lee Miller from Dance Moms.
4. What was or is your favorite class you have taken at Buckhannon-Upshur and who taught it? Why was it your favorite?
I loved my AP Psychology class with Mr. Kimble. I always knew when I walked into his classroom that I would learn something new, but have fun while doing so.
5. What is your favorite thing about being a Buccaneer?
I love being able to play for my hometown in any sport.
6. If you were asked to play another sport, what would it be and why?
I would probably try football and tryout as the kicker. I play soccer and take the kicks there, so I’m sure I could do it with a football too.
7. Who is your hero and why?
My heroes are my mom and dad because they always have my back through anything.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a physical therapist.
9. What are your initial plans after graduation this spring?
I am going to West Virginia Wesleyan College to study exercise science with goals of becoming a physical therapist. I am also going to be a part of the Lady Bobcat Soccer Team.
10 What question do you hate to answer?
I hate when people ask me to pick where to eat. That is absolutely miserable.
11. Who is the best athlete in your family?
12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? If so, where?
Grand Turk, Bahamas.
13. Social media…in favor of it or wish it would go away?
Sometimes I wish it would go away, simply because people need to get outside more.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Best movie you have ever seen?
I really couldn’t pick the worst movie, but the best movie I have ever seen is Remember the Titans.
15. What advice would you give to a young athlete ready to start his/her time as a Buccaneer?
Put the amount of work in needed until you get what you want!