BUCKHANNON – In this edition of 15 Questions With…we interview senior Trenton Westfall to see what he enjoys about being a Buccaneer and life in general.
Westfall has competed in football and track and field at Buckhannon-Upshur.
1. What has been your favorite athletic moment at Buckhannon-Upshur that you participated in?
My favorite athletic moment would have to be Senior Night against Preston County. The reason it was my favorite moment is because I was happy to share the moment with my friends and my parents.
2. Describe your toughest practice at Buckhannon-Upshur.
The toughest practice I would have to say was two-days for conditioning, but I enjoyed it and I thought every practice was fun.
3. Do you have a favorite saying from one of your head coaches?
I think my favorite saying would have to be assistant coach Rob Carr saying, “On the ball.” It somehow gave me motivation in practice and games to move quicker and get things done and be efficient.
4. What was or is your favorite class you have taken at Buckhannon-Upshur and who taught it? Why is it you favorite?
I would have to say my favorite class I took was crafts with Patty Wager. I like crafts because I thinks it’s interesting. I also enjoy doing different activities and being creative.
5. What is your favorite thing about being a Buccaneer?
My favorite thing about being a Buccaneer is spending time with your friends, but also your family. I am glad I have met wonderful people and made great memories. I am happy to be a Buccaneer to participate in sports and work hard.
6. Who is your hero and why?
My hero would have to be my dad and mom. They are both my heroes because they have taught me to work hard for what I want, always supports my interests and to always show respect to others.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
What I want to be when I grow is be a chiropractor and own my own business.
8. What are your initial plans after graduation this spring?
My initial plans are to attend Glenville State College and study chiropracting.
9. What question do you hate to answer?
What do you want for dinner or where do you want to eat?
10. Who is the best athlete in your family?
The best athlete in my family is my dad. He played football from when he was little to college.
11. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
My favorite restaurant is Chick-Fil-A, I go there when we go somewhere and their chicken and waffle fries are good.
12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? If so, where?
The best vacation spot I like going to is Orlando, Florida.
13. Social media…in favor of it or wish it would go away?
I am in favor of it, I don’t get on social media that much anymore. I like to look at things I am interested in.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Best movie you have ever seen?
(Question inadvertantly skipped over)
15. What advice would you give to a young athlete ready to start his/her time as a Buccaneer?
What advice I would give to a young athlete is work hard and find something that motivates you to get better and be disciplined. Be a leader and push yourself to accomplish the goals you set and give effort in the sports you play.