BUCKHANNON – In this edition of 15 Questions With…we interview senior soccer player and former cross country runner Maggie Queen. We find out what she enjoys about being a Buccaneer and life in general.
1. What has been your favorite athletic moment at Buckhannon-Upshur that you participated in?
My favorite moment is beating Morgantown my junior year during the regular season.
2. Describe your toughest practice at Buckhannon-Upshur.
During a few practices I ran around five miles for cross country which was difficult to complete.
3. Do you have a favorite saying from one of your head coaches?
I can’t recall any sayings spoken by my coaches.
4. What was or is your favorite class you have taken at Buckhannon-Upshur and who taught it? Why was it your favorite?
My favorite class was English with Mrs. Cain. It’s my favorite class because I liked how she taught and really enjoyed most of the work.
5. What is your favorite thing about being a Buccaneer?
My favorite thing about being a Buccaneer is being able to play sports.
6. If you were asked to play another sport, what would it be and why?
I would play basketball because it seems fun to try.
7. Who is your hero and why?
My hero is my dad because he has helped me tremendously to become the soccer player I am today.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I am unsure of my future plans but am planning on trying a couple different paths.
9. What are your initial plans after graduation this spring?
I am going to Fairmont State to play soccer and get my Bachelor’s Degree.
10. What question do you hate to answer?
What my plans are for college because I am unsure of the path I want to take.
11. Who is the best athlete in your family?
I am the best athlete in my family.
12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? If so, where?
My favorite vacation spot is my aunt’s beach house in North Carolina.
13. Social media…in favor of it or wish it would go away?
I would say I’m not in favor of social media because it is usually a waste of time.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Best movie you have ever seen?
The worst movie I have ever seen is Cats.
I really enjoy old movies and one of my favorites is Desire (1936).
15. What advice would you give to a young athlete ready to start his/her time as a Buccaneer?
Enjoy your time because it will be over before you know it.