BUCKHANNON – With the local sports scene under quarantine until the first of March, on orders from Gov. Jim Justice, we decided to bring back our popular 15 Questions With...segment.
In this edition of 15 Questions With…we interview senior soccer player Maggie Nolte to see what she enjoys about being a Buccaneer and life in general.
1. What has been your favorite athletic moment at Buckhannon-Upshur that you participated in?
There is not one moment but several of them, when the team was faced with any challenge, we overcame the obstacle and played together as one. That is one of the best feelings ever when being a part of a team.
2. Describe your toughest practice at Buckhannon-Upshur.
For me, the toughest practice is the practice right before sectional playoffs. This practice may not be physically the hardest, but having to mentally prepare yourself for a big game is intense.
3. Do you have a favorite saying from one of your head coaches?
One of my favorite sayings I have received from a coach is, “When the game is over always come off the field knowing you gave 100%, so you don’t have any regrets.”
4. What was or is your favorite class you have taken at Buckhannon-Upshur and who taught it? Why was it your favorite?
My favorite class I have taken is AP Psychology with Mr. Kimble. This was my favorite class because we did a lot of fun projects to go along with the topic we were learning about.
5. What is your favorite thing about being a Buccaneer?
When I was younger and playing rec. soccer, I idolized the middle school and high school girls’ soccer teams. When I finally received my middle school jersey, I felt like I was a part of a family.
6. If you were asked to play another sport, what would it be and why?
If I were asked to play another sport it would be volleyball. During the summers my family and I go to the beach and one of our favorite activities to do is play beach volleyball.
7. Who is your hero and why?
My heroes are my mom and dad. They are my heroes because they always support me in everything I do and stand by my side no matter what.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
When I grow up, I want to own a real estate business.
9. What are your initial plans after graduation this spring?
My plans after graduation are to attend WVWC and study business/marketing.
10. What question do you hate to answer?
I hate when people want me to pick where to eat out.
11. Who is the best athlete in your family?
The best athlete in my family is my grandfather, Michael O’Leary. When he was younger, he was a phenomenal athlete. He played basketball, baseball, and football.
12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? If so, where?
My favorite vacation spot to go to is Cancun, Mexico.
13. Social media…in favor of it or wish it would go away?
I am in favor of social media because it’s a fun way to connect with your friends and learn new things.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Best movie you have ever seen?
The worst movie I’ve ever seen is 2012 and the best movie, I have ever seen is Bridesmaids.
15. What advice would you give to a young athlete ready to start his/her time as a Buccaneer?
Enjoy your time and cherish all the memories you make because it will fly by and before you know it, your teammates will be watching you on senior night.