BUCKHANNON – In this edition of 15 Questions With…we interview senior Jenny Williams to see what she enjoys about being a Buccaneer and life in general.
Williams has competed in cross country, swimming and track and field at Buckhannon-Upshur.
1. What has been your favorite athletic moment at Buckhannon-Upshur that you participated in?
My favorite athletic moment that I participated in is probably going to swim states every year.
2. Describe your toughest practice at Buckhannon-Upshur.
Any very long and tiring practice that honestly makes you want to give up sometimes. Those practices only make you better athlete.
3. Do you have a favorite saying from one of your head coaches?
“Go out there and give it your best” – Coach Martin
4. What was or is your favorite class you have taken at Buckhannon-Upshur and who taught it? Why was it your favorite?
Probably AP psychology with Mr. Brent Kimble, just because he made the subject interesting to learn and I liked the discussions we had in class.
5. What is your favorite thing about being a Buccaneer?
My favorite thing about being a Buccaneer is getting to go and do activites with my school and teams.
6. Who is your hero and why?
My hero is my dad cause he’s always been there for me when I needed him and is always supportive.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be an elementary school teacher.
8. What are your initial plans after graduation this spring?
I’m going to attend West Virginia Wesleyan College in the fall.
9. What question do you hate to answer?
What’s my favorite food?
10. Who is the best athlete in your family (include yourself).
I think myself but my sister is a close second.
11. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
I really like the Texas Road House. I really like their steak.
12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? If so, where?
Ocean City, New Jersey
13. Social media…in favor of it or wish it would go away?
I like social media it helps me keep in contact with my friends during this pandemic.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Best movie you have ever seen?
I don’t think I have a worst movie honestly. Best movie is probably Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.
15. What advice would you give to a young athlete ready to start his/her time as a Buccaneer?
Don’t give up. I know you’ll get bored or mad at whatever sport you chose but don’t quit. You only get to be a Buccaneer once.