BUCKHANNON – In this edition of 15 Questions With…we interview senior Abigail Vincent to see what she enjoys about being a Buccaneer and life in general.
Vincent has competed in volleyball at Buckhannon-Upshur.
1. What has been your favorite athletic moment at Buckhannon-Upshur that you participated in?
Probably working my way back from an ankle injury and being able to play volleyball again.
2. Describe your toughest practice at Buckhannon-Upshur.
When I was younger and an underclassman and having to play with the older players.
3. Do you have a favorite saying from one of your head coaches?
One thing that has stuck with me is a saying my dad (B-U principal and former head football coach Eddie Vincent) has always told me: “You either get better or worse, you never remain the same.”
4. What was or is your favorite class you have taken at Buckhannon-Upshur and who taught it? Why was it your favorite?
My favorite class was AP Psychology taught by Brent Kimble because the topic interests me and he made learning fun and exciting.
5. What is your favorite thing about being a Buccaneer?
The friends I have and the people in the community.
6. Who is your hero and why?
I don’t have one single hero, I have multiple people who support me in my life.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a physical therapist.
8. What are your initial plans after graduation this spring?
I’m going to attend Fairmont State University.
9. What question do you hate to answer?
Any question about myself.
10. Who is the best athlete in your family?
We all play different sports and we are good at different things, so it is hard to determine.
11. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
The Flying Fish because I like seafood.
12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? If so, where?
I would say my favorite vacation spot is the Isle of Palms in Charleston, South Carolina.
13. Social media…in favor of it or wish it would go away?
I’m in favor of it.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Best movie you have ever seen?
The worst movie I have seen was The Circle. My favorite was Inception.
15. What advice would you give to a young athlete ready to start his/her time as a Buccaneer?
I would tell them to enjoy every moment of it because it will be gone before you know it.